Saturday, August 4, 2018

NO PIGEONHOLES Vol 99 - Don Campau (1988)

 I don't remember exactly how I came to be in contact with Don Campau. I'm pretty sure that I had read about his Lonely Whistle label in the cassette section in the back of Option magazine, which prompted me to write him. Well, I was looking for people to trade tapes with, and meeting Don was like hitting a goldmine! Eureka! Not only is Don Campau one of the most active independent musicians in the world, he hosted this radio show broadcast over the airwaves from Cupertino, Calif. and if you weren't within listening range, he would send you one of his "No Pigeonholes" compilation tapes of the show that he played your music on. And he did all that for free. As you can see from the label, it was various artists indeed! Here's the cut from:

No comments:

Post a Comment