Wednesday, October 3, 2018

JOHN BARTLES - "Flat Animal" (1987)

John Bartles is a friend of mine, and probably the most prolific independent artist on the planet! I just did a quick inventory, and I have something like 30 cassettes and 60 CD's that John has sent me over the years. I just got another CD a couple of days ago. I think I really need to change the splash title to from 1987 to 1993 and beyond, because people like John have never quit! If I'm ever going to get done with this project, I'm going to have to start featuring John's music on a more regular basis!
"Flat Animal" was one of the first tapes I ever got from John, and it's a good one! Like most people, John doesn't like pollution, and he's not afraid to write songs about it! This tune features Gary Holt on bass and effects, and Ward Parker on guitar! The artwork was done by John himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment