Thursday, June 6, 2019

HOWL IN THE TYPEWRITER - "Would You Believe? There's A Happening!" (1986)

 Well, this is what it says right in the Pumf Records Mail Order Catalogue about this Howl In The Typewriter release,
"Another audience-testing performance, this time from 1986 - live dementia, love and peace, the Night of the Summer of Love (etc)."

"Features an improvised piece during which audience members were invited onto the stage to play; at one point there were seventeen people on stage, mainly playing electric guitars."

 "Also includes a segment from another live performance, during which all the equipment was packed away piece by piece, leaving the backing tape to finish the gig on its own."


 So when I was first introduced to the music and projects of pStan Batcow a few months ago, I thought it was interesting that we had never crossed tracks before, and then when I was rummaging through a bunch of old correspondence looking for more material for this blog, I found this small wad of paper ads stapled together that proved otherwise!

Bigger than anything, if I had just been paying attention, we might have been trading tapes 30 years ago, but I wasn't, and we didn't!

The truth of the matter is, this was never really a very good form of advertising for me.

And that's because I would get so many of these little pieces of paper included with almost every package I got, especially the ones from artistes in Europe, that unfortunately I became kind of blind to them, but now we have the internet, and it's a completely different world!
Go There!!

No comments:

Post a Comment