Friday, August 28, 2020

THE SWINGIN' LOVE CORPSES - "nEW wORLD oDoR" (1992)

Reverend Ivan Stang used to play some Hermanos Guzanos on some of his radio programs, and we corresponded quite a bit back in the 90's, and at one point he sent me this cassette!

 
 It was titled "New World Odor" and was by a Church band called The Swingin' Love Corpses!


We've been out of contact for many years now, but as far as I can discern, Bob and "The Church of the Sub-Genius" are going just as strong today as they were 30 years ago!

When we were doing our public access TV show called "Offbeat," I asked Reverend Stang for some stuff we could air on the show, and he sent me this tape called  "ARISE," and because of the professional packaging and copyright laws the studio made me get written permission to use it, which the good Reverend kindly provided in a hilarious letter!

"Get Even With Everyone you Hate!"

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Do you happen to have the rest of this tape digitized? I would love to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no I do not, and the tape is no longer in my possession either. Sorry.

      Delete