Monday, November 23, 2020

T.O.G. Sampler Cassette - "Primal Virtue" (1992)

 
I don't remember exactly, and I can't find my old correspondence right now, but I think I received this tape from T.O.G. Studios to show us what they had going on at their studio, just in case we needed a recording studio, but I can't even remember what part of the country it was in, but there was a phone number on the tape and I looked up the area code, and it was from the state of Virginia. 28 years later, an Internet search only comes up with a TOG Studios in England, so I am assuming they are no longer in business. With all the home studio tapes I got, this one that was recorded in a real music studio stood out of the crowd in production values, but alas, I don't see that any of the groups on here got much further than this.

I did find this T.O.G. Studios CD on Discogs from the same year called "Unsigned Sounds," and it has at least 3 or 4 of the same groups but there really wasn't much information to go along with it.
The artists on this tape are Marty Connell, District Authority, The Fenster Project, The Fusion Hackers, Toxic Armpit, and my favorite..........

No comments:

Post a Comment