Sunday, January 22, 2023

MORE SNIPPETS AND BITS - "Stuff I Used To Get In The Mail" (1990's)

 
Here's a few examples of stuff I used to get in the mail whenever somebody sent me a tape or in just general correspondence. I literally never knew what was going to show up in my mailbox. The picture of the young lady was my hermana from Bulgaria.
 
 
A lot of these are only two or three inches in size, and you might get ten or twelve of them in one mailing!
It was the cheapest and easiest way to let people know what was really going on. 

 
The 80's and 90's were a different time from today no doubt. This kind of international marketing had never happened before, and because of the internet, and the current cost of postage, it will never happen again. It was a free form scene, and nobody was in charge and yet it ran just fine because it was based on cooperation and not competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment