Saturday, January 13, 2018

GLEN ARMSTRONG - "Live" - "Guess What I Was Wearing On My Head And Win A Prize" (Old Miami Bootleg)

 In the early 90's Glen Armstrong sent me this "Live" tape called "Guess What I was Wearing On My Head And Win A Prize" by Glen Armstrong And The Dirty Clergy. The label says "Old Miami Bootleg," so I'm assuming it was recorded some time in the late 80's.

The last song on this tape is a wild affair called "Helter Skelter / Singapour!" The first part of the song is a cover tune unlike anything you've heard lately combined with something I can only describe as being in the same ballpark as the frantic "Hide 'N Go Seek" by Bunker Hill! This, my friends, is the real deal!
Just on case you don't know, Bunker Hill was a heavyweight boxer and gospel singer turned pop star and the backing band providing the crazed music was none other than Link Wray and The Raymen. (Yet another reason why Link Wray should be in the R&R HOF!) The song "Hide 'N Go Seek" made it into the top 40 in 1962, and so you can compare Bunker and Glen, here's a link to "Hide 'N Go Seek" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment