Thursday, May 16, 2024

LORD LITTER - "Herman, Come Rock Me"

 I started trading tapes back in about 1987, and one of the first international artists I came in contact with was a funny guy in Berlin named Lord Litter. It was quite a process before the internet came along, and sometimes it took weeks for mail to pass back and forth. I had also been trading tapes with a number of talented people like Don Campau, John Bartles, Al Perry, Mark Hanley, etc etc, so I decided to do what a lot of other people were doing and that was to ask all my new friends if they would be willing to contribute to a compilation tape of various artists I wanted to make.

If I made the tape today, the cover would have looked more like something like this! 

If I recall correctly, every person I contacted agreed to it, but I think it was only Lord Litter who created a song especially for that tape, because that's the kind of guy he was! The song was called "Herman, Come Rock Me," and even though we never talked about it, I think it was a play on words, and the name of our band Hermanos Guzanos.

As far as I know, Lord Litter never used this song on any of his many other tapes, so here you go, in the typical Lord Litter style of the time with the good Lord playing all the instruments and vocals with the phenomenal Thomas Tit on the drums.

LORD LITTER - "Herman, Come Rock Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment