Monday, September 9, 2019

ROCK HIT - VARNA' 92 - "Various Artists Compilation" (1992)

I never did quite understand why, but for some reason Hermanos Guzanos were popular with the underground crowd in Varna, Bulgaria. This was a various artists cassette called "Rock Hit Varna' 92" that my friend Dimitar released on his Bla Bla Records label. At the time, Dimitar had also just inherited a flour mill that was driven by oxen, and he was also an artist, so he was a busy fellow!

Here are a couple samples of Dimitar's fine artwork!

He also sent me some Bulgarian records, and a video tape I had to get converted from PAL to VHS in order to watch it. Fun times!

One time he even sent me a little sample packet of flour from his mill that I was surprised made it through customs.

I always got a kick out of this letter sent by his girlfriend!

 At least I found out that Bulgarian vodka is real good!

 I'm not 100% what's going on here, but I think this song is...
ANTISAPIENO - "Apocalypse"

No comments:

Post a Comment