Thursday, March 11, 2021

DA VINCI'S CRADLE - "Demo Tape" (1992)

I was basically a tape trader and home taper, but after doing it for a few years, and slowly getting our name out there in lots of Indie magazines, and airplay on some college stations, I would sometimes get unsolicited material myself. I had this tape by Da Vinci's Cradle in my collection, and I couldn't remember why, because it sounded so polished and commercial, and it wasn't anything like I normally got.

 
So the other day I was going through a box I have of old correspondence, and I found this letter and it all came back to me like "the kiss at the end of a wet fist." We had been sometimes calling our home-spun label "Guzbro Music," and this band was searching for a record label. I've dug around as much as I could to find out any current info on Da Vinci's Cradle, or any of the members, but all I have been able to find is that maybe Dave Burgett, the keyboard player and the guy who sent me the tape might be a Seventh-Degree Black Belt and Tai Chi instructor in Valencia, Ca, because one of his bios said he used to be a musician, but I don't know for sure. So here you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment