Thursday, May 2, 2019

THE DEF-A-KATORS - "Texas Redneck With A Big Cock" (1996 - 2009)

The first time I saw this cover, I laughed like crazy, and I've looked at it 50 or 60 times since then, and it still cracks me up every time! It reminds me of one of those old 10 cent postcards tourists would send back home to their families. The picture is innocent enough, but when you add the caption, it just takes it to another level of bathroom humor, you know like Uncle Everett leaving the door open on the outhouse 'cause he thinks it's funny!
This CD is good shit from start to finish, and the Pumf catalogue says that it was originally recorded in 1997 and 1998, and then the guys decided to take a break. They got back together to finish the songs in 2008 and 2009, and this killer CD is the end result.

The Def-A-Kators are Duke Box, Count Basic, and Sgt. Panic!
There's a lot of really good rockin' stuff on this CD, and it was a difficult choice for me, but track 13 is a standout to me because any time you can add a trumpet to any song by anybody, you've probably improved it by at least 20%! Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment